Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mother Nature




Acrylic Paint, Gold Doily, and Mica flakes on canvas.
This painting has consumed most of my week- it is hands-down the most time I have devoted to one piece within a week. I am very proud with the result, though there are parts where I wish I had more time to have tweaked and perfected... I am nervous and interested to see what people will say in critique. Regardless, this was definitely a great learning experience, and I feel like I now understand painting a lot better (though... I still have a LOT to learn). I feel like my ambitious sketch turned into a very rewarding challenge- and though I haven't slept regularly in a week, I really enjoyed putting so much work into tackling a variety of subjects and mediums I am unfamiliar with.

There were many times, of course, where I would mess up or realize I had to do large sections over. Times like those called for blasting my favorite angry song ever... the Christian Bale remix.




No comments: